Saturday, March 24, 2007

谷口の苺ファアーム

Since tomorrow I will be moving to another guesthouse, I might as well do another update of my entry. Really not sure if the next guesthouse has a good wireless connection. Here's the story of my second week in Japan:

My next Wwoofing was with Hiroshi San at Taniguchi strawberry farm. Work at the farm was not as tedious as the one I had at the Ueda Kashikoubou. The work mainly revolved around picking stawberries, preparing strawberry jam, doing carpentry and house chores. Though the workload was lighter, I felt less happier over there. Hiroshi, the host, was the typical Japanese man: stern, reserved, always grouchy. And stingy (erm, don't get me started on this).

From right to left: Hiroshi (the strawberry farmer), beautiful and friendly helper 1, Thor and beautiful and friendly helper 2.

However, looking at the bright side, I did pick up quite a few things during my stay at the farm. For one, I learnt a lot about strawberry. I also went to the stawberry distribution centre and withnessed how strawberries are packed and shipped out to other parts of Japan. I also made stawberry jam, which I had it the next morning for my breakfast. And that was seriously the most delicious stawberry jam I ever had in my life.

Pic 1: Me at the distribution centre.

Pic 2: the yummylicious handmade strawberry jam! (You can see the strawberries!)Overall, I would rate my second Wwoffing experience above average. I'm glad that I only stayed there for a week; any longer would have been a little unbearable. The host for the Wwoofing plays an important role, and a less than friendly host really makes a great difference to the overall experience.

Fresh Yummy Strawberries:

Young beautiful 25 yrs old-looking mummy picking strawberries with their kids:

Okie, gotta pack my bag now, as I will be moving out of the guesthouse tmr morning. Just saw the invitation email sent out by Harvey, and suddenly memories of the first 2 chalets with the class just flash across my mind.

Really miss all of you who are back in Singapore! Take care, everyone! Good luck for your final! And take care Shorn! Really wish that you are coping well!

I'm also homesick! Miss squeezing my sister's cheek, miss teasing my cat Wang Wang, and of course my Mum! And a little on my Dad and my brother. Nonetheless, all of you please take care until I come back okay! Bao Zhong!

No comments: