Thursday, March 8, 2007

お久しぶり!

My apology for MIA for the past week. I was working in this bakery/goat farm/japanese restaurant/ pizza shop at Awa Ikeda. And Awa Ikeda is a small town, so I could not find any Internet cafe over there. That is the reason why I have not been replying emails and updating my blog... (btw i got 255 emails to clear right now)

For those who are not in the know, I am currently WWOOFing in Japan. It is kinda like the work and travel, but I do not get paid. Instead I am given food and accomodation by the host. So I have just finished my work in Awa Ikeda and am moving over to Saidaiji in Okayama to work in a strawberry farm.

Just a recap of my life in the past week:

1) I passed JLPT 3! Hoooray! 288 out of 400. Not a fantastic score but given that i only studied for 3 days, Thor you rockz! Haha, so i will be exempted from the entrance exam in APU. No mugging for me until April!

2) I had a lot of first times during the past week. I withnessed the birth of baby goat on my first day working in the goat farm. After that, I withnessed another 8 or 9 more baby goat being born, so much so that i got sick of it. Oh i also helped pulled a baby goat out from the mother goat; it was kinda a new experience.

3) I had my first onsen experience yesterday. It was so different from the one I had in Korea. In Korea, everyone wore swim wear, and the onsen was more like fanstasy island or water theme park. In Japan, there was only one pool. Everyone got naked and I withnessed a lot of grotesque things being done in the japan onsen. Definitely a culture shock for me, though I have read up on it and prepared myself. this one deserved a blog entry by itself, so i shall leave it to the next blog.

4) My japanese host has been real nice. The male host, whom I addressed as Sensei, is a real famous Wakashi and Yokashi Sensei (Japanese and Western pastries) in Japan. And I get to try a lot of pastries and cakes and breads everyday freshly out frm the oven. The female host, whom I addressed as Mieko San, opens a Japanese restuarant. So she also treated me to a great feast everyday. at the end of the day, I have put on really a lot of weights.

5) argh, okie gotta catch the train to saidaiji. Hopefuly there is internet cafe over there. Will blog again soon!

Ja, mata ne!

P.S. Japanese are real pretty!

No comments: