Thursday, May 31, 2007

Japanese Tea Ceremony and John's Bday

Just a quick recap of the past week before I set off for Okinawa tomorrow. Last week was the midterms/finals/final project/final report week. Though it was supposed to be the most stressful and intensive week in APU, I somehow found time to cook dinner, chat with friends and went down the mountain to do some shopping. Haha, this either means that I am damn smart or I didn't really study. And the answer obviously is the latter (Okie, I did study a little).

I would like to blog a little on the Japanese tea ceremony, which is definitely the best class in the whole of APU. The student office actually opens a Japanese tea ceremony class especially for the exchange students, and regular APU students could not attend that particular class. So when all the exchange students come together, all hell breaks loose. Every class we made silly jokes, commented on the Okashi of the week and giggled about the stupid mistakes each of us made. It was really enjoyable. So I am really sad that such a fabulous class has come to an end for us. Here are some of the pictures we took during our final (where we were required to perform the whole tea ceremony):

The guests and the hosts bowing to each other at the end of the ceremony:

Students caught studying while in the class:

And finally, a group class photo:

Last tuesday was also John's 23 bday. And we went down to Sports Bar to celebrate his bday. And it was like 25 dollars for each person and we could drink all the way from 9pm to 1am. Freeflow of beer, wine, cocktails and others! Fabulous!

John's the bday boy:

The Sports Bar:

From left to right (clockwise): Me, Kyoko and Arienne:

Rebecca and I:

Haha, drank a little too much that night, and suffered a little hangover the following day. Oh, and on the following day, I had my final for Political Science. Seriously, going clubbing and drinking during the exam week is definitely a big No-no in SMU. Over there, even if you are willing to go clubbing, no one would accompany you (including me of course! I'm one of the chaoest Smuggers). But over here in Japan, everything is possible (esp with the exchange students). Okie, that's all from me. Going to shower now and tmr I gotta wake up at 7pm to catch the bus to Fukuoka airport!

No comments: