Monday, April 9, 2007

今から後悔がなくて生活したい

Just had a cooking party with the girls from the 5th floor. It was really fun. I made Tofu Salad (didn’t look extremely appetizing but it tasted good so anyway) and there were all kinds of food from everyone.

After the meal, we played Bingo and afterwhich, we watched this movie called ‘Click’. It was about this guy who suddenly got a remote control where he can fast-forward his life. And basically, he used the remote control to achieve his dreams of becoming Big and Successful. However, along the way, he neglected his wife, son, daughter and parents. By the time he realized this, he is already old and fragile and his Dad is already dead. I was crying at the last part of the show, cos I could so relate myself to the main character.

The two years in SMU have been fabulous. I have gotten almost all I wanted: I aced my GPA, achieved an excellent CCA track record, and grabbed my desired internship. However, have I allocated enough time to my family members and my friends?

In all honesty, I didn’t. And I am so so grateful to all the great people out there, who have given me your precious time and dragged me out of my self-created rat-race. To my Mum and Dad, who are always there for me, even when I always flare up at them with no apparent reason. Thank you so much. And my sister, my cat and my rabbits, who are always at my disposal when I need to relieve some boredom. Thank you so much. And to my brother, whom I have always neglected, I am so sorry. Let me amend all the broken relationship that I have so wistfully brought upon myself.

And to Jiaming and Dillon. Though we talked and met like less than 10 times a year, I’m still so glad that both of you are always by my side. And to Jiaming’s parents too, always treated me as if I’m part of the family. Thanks!

And Des and Ash! Thank you so much too! We had so much beautiful memories together! Thanks for always taking the initiative to accommodate to my hectic schedule. And I will see you again in May! Take care!

And Andrew, Weifa and my other Bravo brothers. Thanks for bringing so much laughter and bliss to my two years of torment. Especially Weifa, who always make the effort to msn me to check if I am still alright and stuff. Really appreciate it dude!

And my JCC friends! Jas, Maki chan, Kit Chan, Zhao, Ryan and Nia. I miss all of you so much. I was clearing my email and saw our stepping down emailer. The smile on all our faces, and suddenly memories of all the past events started pouring in. Our inaugural JCC camp, our Vivace booth and our small lunch gatherings! 思い出しているんよ。絶対忘れないやな。

And last but not least, my wonderful SMU friends. Sean, Harvey (thought I hate to say this, but yah Harvey), Justin, Teckwee, Daniel, Wanzhen, YL, Wenduan and Theo. Sheez, I know I got to get hated for this if I forget to put in someone’s name here. But yah, right now, these are the pple that I am really grateful for. For giving me so much of your time to me!

Thank you! Houmani okini!

No comments: