Wednesday, April 4, 2007

おはよう大阪!

Hello everyone! Right now I have finally arrived at Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University. After one whole month of traveling, it is comforting to be able to settle down at one place, albeit a totally unfamiliar one. And I must say that I am really impressed by the standard of the APU hostel. My room has everything, ranging from a personal fridge, aircon and a telephone, not to mention the necessities such as desk and wardrobe. Take a room at my room:

Here’s a very short recap of the 5 days after my Wwoofing. I met up with Kane, Weili, Michelle and Jingping at Osaka on 16th March 2007, and there we embarked on our 2 weeks of non-stop traveling around Kansai Area.

Our first stop was Osaka. There we spent 5 days, going to places like 海遊館 (biggest aquarium in South-east Asia), Universal Studio, Osaka Ferry Wheel, 南 (Osaka’s amazing shopping district where all we did was to mai dong xi and chi dong xi).

My really tiny business hotel room (my arms could almost touch both the walls):

Group photo in front of 海遊館 (look at our 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Kawaii pose):

SMU jump in front of Osaka Ferry Wheel:

Extremely delicious Okonomiyaki at南:

Spiderman pose in Universal Studio (brings back all the good memories of my JC days when my class was totally engrossed in the Spiderman 1 movie):

Wicked! Ashley, I caught this really musical for free in the Universal Studio! Ha-ha. Okay, not the whole show, but 35 minutes of its best parts. The story gave a twist to the orignal Wizard of Oz, telling a tale of a mistaken Wicked Witch of the West. The songs were fabulous, and the actors could sing, but some of the songs were translated into Japanese. So I guess some of the flavours of the orignal musical were lost.
Hear Thor the lion roars!

Oh, and we saw this really cute girl, and Kane just couldn’t resist taking a photo of her. Sheez, now I miss my sister.

Okie, I guess I will stop here for now. Feeling lazy again. Will blog on the Kyoto and Toba photo the next time.

P.S. The weather at APU is toally crazy. It's supposed to be spring now, but it is totally freezing over here! Wind temperature was as low as 4 degrees today! And it was hailing yesterday! Quoting Masa, one of the Japanese students over here: Fucking Cold!

No comments: