Sunday, April 15, 2007

上級日本語Iの挑戦に応じた

I love the life here! Time strolls lazily in APU. Right now, I am listening to ‘Wicked’ (Broadway musical), munching on DARS chocolates and surfing my friends’ blogs, while the afternoon sun showered my room in all its golden splendor. Sugoku shiok ya na!

An update of my life here: I have just finished the first week of school. The classes I am taking in APU are: Japanese Intermediate, Japanese Advanced 1, Japanese Tea Ceremony, Foundation in Information Technology, Internet Fundamentals, International Finance, Financial Markets in Asia, Introduction to Political Science, and Introduction to International Relations. And I have joined Akido in APU. Surprise! (Daniel, we can spar with each other when I come back).

From the classes I have attended so far, most of them are not as intensive as those in SMU, with the exception of the Japanese classes. Everything is taught in Japanese, and the Sensei speaks at the speed of a normal Japanese would (which is like the speed of a Shinkansen to me). Yet I have decided to do both Intermediate Japanese and Advanced 1 Japanese class together. If I ever survive the Japanese classes, my Japanese will be so freaking powerful that I can take JLPT 1 by the end of this year. But well, that is provided if I survive the classes. So pray for me, my friends.

Oh, I just got myself a new baby: Casio Ex-word AZ-H9100 electronic dictionary. It didn’t come cheap, but it is a necessity for the Japanese classes over here. Ogle at its splendid silvery beauty:

Some of the photos I came across while I surfed through my picture folder:

APU Entrance Ceremony (the International exchange students):

Yoo, my Resident Assistant from Korea:

Some of the guys from my block:

International students from SE Asia:

I think APU is the most international University in the whole of Japan. Around 50% of the students are international students. So in my block, you will see people from all over the world. The international cultural mix here is so rich that SMU pales much in comparison.

Oh, last Saturday, the Student Outreach Office arranged a Hanami for the International students. We went to the Beppu Park and had a sumptuous picnic in the sea of Sakura.

Kane, Weili and me:

And what do SMU students when they are together? The SMU jump!

All the International exchange students:

And our very very kind staff from the Outreach Office! Thanks for arranging this wonderful Hanami for us! Otsukaresamadeshita!

No comments: