Friday, April 27, 2007

日本試験やら広島の旅程計画やら期間試験やらで忙しくなっているやな!

Sorry for neglecting my blog for quite a while. Got 3 Japanese tests over the past week, and next week is the midterm. Not that I studied a lot for them either; only around 1 hour a day, which is nothing compared to the amount of time I spent on mugging in SMU. So, I guess the things that are really keeping me busy are the dinner gatherings and the planning for Hiroshima trip.

Have I ever mentioned about dinner gatherings in my blog before? Dinner gatherings bascially refers to the whole group of SMU students (which are me, Kane, Weili and Michelle) swarming over to one of the floor's kitchen and cooking and eating together. Dinner gatherings are really fun and cosy, as we tried each other's cookings and shared our life stories with one another. But the drawback is that one dinner gathering is awefully long, around 2 to 3 hours (from cooking to eating to washing and cleaning up). So at the end of the day, I would always be so drained that I concussed immediately upon reaching my room.

Oh, and tonight is Ting Ting's (a girl from Thailand who can speak perfect Taiwanese Chinese) bday, and we are going to make her dinner and celebrate with us. I'm going to make tomato pasta with cheese. First time doing it, so hopefully it would turn up well. Will post up videos and photos of the past dinner gatherings sometime soon (hopefully).

And right now, I am also coordinating a weekend trip to Hiroshima for the exchange students. We would be leaving APU on Friday 12pm and coming back around 1pm on Monday. As next week is still the golden week, we are facing problems in finding accomodation for Friday night. May have to spend the night in Karaoke or some 24 hours shops. Haha, so quite some uncertainties in the trip planning, but this just adds on to the fun and excitement. Can't wait to go to Hiroshima.

Oh, I just went to Oita City over the weekend with the usual suspects (left to right: Jenelle from Hawaii, Michelle the Ah Lian, Kyoko from Japan, Dion from Thailand and Weili from SMU).
Did you notice that I was wearing a suit and a shirt? Initially we planned to go clubbing after shopping in Oita. Clubbing was really cheap over here: S$27 for drink as much as you want. But at the end of the day, we were so tired from shopping and trying to find the god damn bar that we decided to call it a day. Wasted for dressing up so nicely!

Picure in Beppu:
Pic in front of Oita Station: Pic in a steam engine train, which we chanced upon it in our fruitless search for the bar:



Act cute pic with Michelle and Kyoko:
Dinner at this damn good Korean restaurant: Overall, Oita was OKAY only lor. Slightly better shopping scene compared to Beppu (the town APU is located in; the town which has only one shopping centre; and the shopping centre is a main tourist attraction over here! How sad siaz). But really nothing compared to the traditionally-rich and culturally colourful shopping scene in Kyoto, nor the energtic and vivacious scene in Osaka. Yah, so I think one trip in Oita is enough for me. The next destination after Hiroshima would be Fukuoka and Okinawa!
P.S. Heyz peeps from CS! Long time no see! I was thinking of you people just a few days ago. Was contempating of visitng you all at your new office after I come back from Japan. Unfortunately, I have reformatted my laptop recently, and due to my carelessness, I have lost all data (and that means all your email addesses!). Please send me an email so that we can keep in contact!
P.P.S. I think I still have Duncan's office phone number, which I used to take MC. Is the phone number still the same?

1 comment:

Yanlin said...

Haha... Duncan is leaving soon. So no point calling him ! We still read your blog... esp when Compass is now. (i.e. Like NOW). We even save your pics and send it around via email... with added captions of coz... thank to dex.